Writing an essay on Oliver Twist? You must be tired looking at other essays on Oliver Twist and it must be tiring to look at the same stuff all over again. When a student is writing an essay, the first thing he does is, he checks whatever is available online by essay writing services about it, and how others are writing their Oliver Twist essays. To help you write an essay on Oliver Twist, here are some major themes in the story and guidelines to help you understand what the story was like:
- Society and Class: Society and class have been one of the favorite things of Dickens. In his illustrations, he liked showing how these things look shiny on the surface but in reality, they all are empty and different. No matter how high your social class is, in the end, everyone is really all the same at the core.
- Poverty: Another theme that is apparent in Oliver Twist like most other illustrations of Charles Dickens is poverty. Dickens like showing dungeon like dark quarters and shows how miserable the lower class really is.
- Religion: In 1830s England was not in a good shape religion wise. Religion shown in Oliver Twist was too divided and organized and people did not have free will over religion.
- Identity: Names are supposed to mark where you belong to and whose offspring you are. Ever since the story of Oliver Twist began, it had major blank spaces and confusions in identities. Safe to say that the whole story was surrounded with mistaken identities.
- Literature and Writing: Dickens in this illustration seems to stop in the middle of the story to remark his own writing style. Literature is the main theme of any story and so was with this one.
- Criminality: In 1830s, crime was a popular theme in stories and literature mainly because it was on the rise. It was also one of the main themes of Oliver Twist and in those days when authors wanted to send a message to the society and create awareness with crimes, they used to write.
Writing an Essay on Oliver Twist:
Now that you know the main idea of the story of Oliver Twist, you must have an idea about which aspect of the story you will take as your main idea for Oliver Twist Essay Writing. With the help of these guidelines, you can easily plan your essay in 6 simple steps:
- Narrow your focus
- Build a main idea and structure paragraphs in the way that dissertation writers teach.
- Start writing based on an outline created with the help of the storyline
- Develop your point of view
- Sort the perfect quotes from the story to cite in your essay
- Complete essay, conclude and proofread
Refrain from getting a lot of inspiration from the internet for your Oliver Twist essay writing. You need to leave your individual mark that only belongs to you and the ideas that only your mind can generate. Do not copy things and write down things directly from the illustrations, instead rephrase and summarize.